Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Monday, October 20, 2008
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Monday, August 4, 2008
Monday, July 21, 2008
Thursday, July 10, 2008
Monday, July 7, 2008
Sunday, July 6, 2008
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
Monday, June 23, 2008
Monday, June 16, 2008
Friday, June 13, 2008
Say You Don’t Want To Slip It In
Squeeze the Trigga
Monday, June 2, 2008
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Monday, May 19, 2008
24 Hours of Power at Nowra - Rules
1. This is a social event. There is no registration or entry fee.
2. Day One. The event starts at 6:00 a.m. on Saturday the 28th June at the Thompson’s Point Carpark. Score sheets will be handed out then. If you need a later start you can find us somewhere at Thompson's on Saturday morning.
3. Day One concludes at 8:00 p.m. Please respect the local residents and the rules by stopping climbing then.
4. Day Two. Climbing starts again at 6:00 a.m.
5. Day Two concludes at 4:00 p.m. at the Shoalhaven Caravan Village Barbeque area. Scorecards must be handed in by 4:00p.m.
6. There are 6 categories:
a. Open Men – Volume
b. Open Women – Volume
c. Open Men – Points
d. Open Women – Points
e. Junior Male
f. Junior Female
7. Volume Categories – in the volume category, climbers attempt to climb as many routes as they can, the total number of routes climbed are counted up as the climber’s score.
8. Points Categories – in the points category, climbers must try to do their 20 hardest climbs. Each climb is awarded points.
All route grades are according to Rod’s 2000 ‘Rockclimbing at Nowra’ guide. More recently added routes and routes that are now considered harder should be checked with the organisers (Carlie and Rob).
At most crags there are bonus routes that are worth extra points.
For a copy of the complete rules and points system email us!
9. Open climbers do not have to choose which category they enter until the end of the event, however only one category may be entered.
10. Junior Categories – Juniors must be 15 years old or younger on the 28th of June 2008. Juniors’ rules are the same as the volume competition, except that routes may be top-roped or led.
11. All routes must be led (except by Juniors) from the ground to clip the top anchors from the normal finishing stance. Top-roping (for Opens), yoyoing, soloing, roped solos, simul-climbing and anything else like that is not allowed.
12. You may only count each route in your total or score once.
13. You may visit as many or as few crags as you like. All crags in the Nowra area may be climbed at.
14. Chill out, have fun, make new friends and catch up with old friends. Your greatest competitor is yourself.
15. This is a fun event. The organisers reserve the right to disqualify anyone who we consider to be cheating, spoiling the event for others, or generally being a dick.
16. You are responsible for your own safety. Climbing is potentially dangerous and the competition organisers cannot be responsible for the security of the fixed protection, the solidity of the rock or the competence of your belayer. If in doubt, back-off, have rest or go home. Just don’t try to blame us for your mistakes!